We offer interactive tours for school groups!
An interactive tour at the Sharlot Hall Museum offers a comprehensive look at Arizona’s long and diverse history. Exhibits and historic buildings cover many historical periods, from the Pleistocene period with its mammoths, mastodons, and dire wolves to Prescott’s role as Territorial capital and the building of Arizona’s first Governor’s Mansion. Buildings such as the Schoolhouse and Ranch House explore everyday frontier life and society. Students are introduced to topics such as education, home life, chores on a ranch, and other experiences common to pioneer families.
Tours also provide opportunities for students to check out the Museum’s artifact collections. The Transportation Building showcases historic bicycles from the late 19th century as well as stagecoaches, covered wagons and historic cars. The Sharlot Hall Building displays artifacts from early Prescott and features an exhibit on the Yavapai Indian Tribe. Experience all of these in a Sharlot Hall Museum school tour—plus much, much more!
School Tour Fees
K – 8th (or 12 years and under): Free
9th – 12th (or 13-18 years): $3 per person
Adults: $5 per person (first educator is free!)
Start your school tour booking process today
Please fill out the form below to begin your school tour process. Regardless of tour type, we require a minimum of two weeks notice to coordinate a tour. The following information will also be required when booking:
- Preferred date and time: We recommend having two alternative dates/times, in case your preferred date is already booked. Tours can begin anytime between 10:00 am and 3:00 pm.
- Number of students: We require a minimum of seven (7) students to book a tour, with a maximum of sixty (60). If your request is for more than 60 students, please contact us.
- Number of adults/educators: We require one chaperone for every eight (8) students.
- Length of tours: 60- or 90-minutes. We strongly recommend the 90-minute tour option in order to fully enjoy the Museum experience.
- Tour focus area: Please describe your preferred topics for this tour—are your subjects of interest connected to your classroom studies, or part of grade level curriculum?
- Accessibility and accommodations: Please let us know if your group has any specific needs so our staff can ensure your tour experience is a safe and positive one.
To start your tour journey at the Sharlot Hall Museum, please fill out the form below or call our Tours phone line at (928) 445-3122 ext. 4.
Please add questions or comments in “Questions” box at the bottom of the form.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing your group soon!